Posted on 10 November 2011.
Here are Inside Bainbridge recommendations for the weekend of November 11-13:
1. Plant a Tree
When: Friday, November 11, 10-11:30 a.m.
Where: Meigs Park, at Koura Road and 305.
- You can be part of the National Wildlife Federation Trees for the 21st Century program and join Island Cooperative Nursery School in planting 50 trees on the Island.
- Arborist Jim Trainer will be on hand to share information with grownups and kids.
RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Folk Friday: Jam on My Muffin
When: Friday, November 11, 7-9 p.m.
Where: Island Music Center 10598 NE Valley
- Fire up your November with Hot Cajun, Old Time, and Quebecois.
- Fun hats, dancing.
- Jam on My Muffin is a well-known local band, playing often at the Mandolin Cafe in Tacoma and the Oasis Cafe in Puyallup.
3. Farmers’ Market
When: Saturday, November 10, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Where: Town Square
- This is the last day of the outdoor season at Town Square.
- Get your root vegetables!
4. Holiday Bazaar
When: Saturday, November 12, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Where: Seabold Church, 6894 Northeast Seabold Church Road
- For those of you who are superorganized and therefore highly annoying to the rest of us, this is your chance to show off by stocking up early on holiday gifts and decor. You can then smugly announce that you are “all done.”
- All proceeds go to support local and worldwide missions.
5. Silhouette Artist Karl Johnson
When: Saturday, 10 a.m.
Where: Lollipops, 278 Winslow Way E # 101
- Get an affordable hand cut silhouette portrait of your kid to wow the grandparents over the holidays.
- You can be just like Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Garner, Tom Cruise, and Reese Witherspoon at least in the sense that you too will have a Karl Johnson silhouette. That may be where the resemblance ends.
- It only takes a few minutes. Johnson looks at your kid and starts cutting. (The paper.)
Call ahead: 780-9012.
6. Super Squash Scavenger Hunt
When: Saturday, November 12, and Sunday, November 13, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Where: Bloedel Reserve
- This is your last weekend to take the kids to find the hidden squash. At some point the squash are simply going to disappear anyway by rotting away into the ground.
- Kids under 13 get in free.
7. Book Sale
When: Saturday, November 12, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Where: Bainbridge Library
Why: Early and affordable holiday gift shopping?
8. Trail Walk: Keep Gazzam Wild
When: Saturday, November 12, 12-1:15 p.m.
Where: Gazzam Lake Preserve, at Marshall Road
- Take advantage of the lovely fall to experience this trail on 30 acres that Keep Gazzam Wild is trying to preserve.
- It’s a beautiful trail, with a knockout view.
Contact Karen Molinari, email@example.com. Wear hiking shoes.
9. Bainbridge Island Symphony: “New Beginnings”
When: Saturday, November 12, 7:30 p.m., & Sunday, November 13, 3 p.m.
Where: BPA, 200 Madison Ave N
- Kids (accompanied by paying adults) get in free.
- Check out the orchestra’s new music director and conductor Wesley Schulz.
10. Site Tour of IslandWood
When: Sunday, November 13, 1-4 p.m.
Where: IslandWood, 4450 Blakely Ave NE
Why: It’s not every day that you get a chance to tour IslandWood for free.
Make a reservation at http://islandwoodtour111311.eventbrite.com/.
11. Women’s Schola Nova
When: Sunday, November 13, 6 p.m.
Where: St. Barnabas Episcopal Church
Why: Traditional plainsong, anthems, psalms, and chants to brighten the dark, short November days.
Photos courtesy of Jam on My Muffin, Karl Johnson, Keep Gazzam Wild, and Schola Nova.