Here are Inside Bainbridge recommendations for the weekend of April 13-15.
1. America the Beautiful—The Thin Commandments screening
When: Friday, 3:30-5:15 p.m.
Where: Bainbridge High School Campus, LGI theater, 9330 High School Rd.
- It’s funny AND informative
- It’s a followup to America the Beautiful, so if you liked that . . .
- OK for kids 13 and up and their parents
- It’s a nice companion piece to the Re-defining Me event at the High School this weekend.
- Your $10 admission benefits Bainbridge Youth Services.
2. Game Night at EHHS
When: Friday, 7-10 p.m.
Where: Eagle Harbor High School (enter and leave by the south door)
- Finally! Something for kids to do in the evening.
- It’s only $5. You can buy refreshments there.
- Video and board games.
3. Sixth Annual Walk MS Fundraiser
When: Saturday, 9-11:30 a.m. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m., program begins at 9:30 a.m. and walk begins at 10:00.
Where: Bainbridge High School throughout downtown Wisnlow.
- Kid-friendly, only 3 miles.
- Free Pegasus coffee and and BonBon chocolates, lunch cooked by B.I. Barbeque, Island Fitness massages, music, and the Bainbridge HS cheerleaders.
- If you don’t have a team and you haven’t yet registered, don’t worry. You can take care of that at the event (but arrive at 9).
- It supports a great cause affecting many of us and our neighbors,
To register, form a team of four or more, or join an existing team, go to: www.walkMSnorthwest.org (select Bainbridge Island and then register or click on the team list on the left). Or call 800-344-4867, option 2.
5. Re-Defining Me: a Body Image Workshop for Girls 10-18 and Their Mothers/Parents
When: Saturday, 9:45 a.m.-2 p.m.
Where: Woodward Middle School, 9125 Sportsman Club Road
- Girls are constantly being assaulted by negative messages. Here’s a chance to turn that around.
- A variety of presentations given by local experts: Love Your Body: Embracing your unique body and character, Interpreting Media Messages: Identifying what values or ideals the media reflect about about women and body image, When Healthy Turns to Dangerous: Teens and eating disorders, Style Check: The message we send, Clothing is more than getting dressed, Healthy & Happy Eating: Buildling confidence inside and out, Eating Disorders and Stress, Beauty Boost: Fun demonstrations…hair, make-up, and skin care.
6. Friends of the Library Book Sale
When: Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Where: Bainbridge Public Library, 1270 Madison Ave. N.
Why: Books at a great price.
- It’s the glittery fish who teaches about friendship and courage.
- It’s a live theater experience for all ages
- Sound effects, local adult and youth talent!
- Your $5 donation supports KiDiMu
8. CLICK! Digital Download Class
When: Saturday, 1-3 p.m.
Where: Bainbridge Public Library, 1270 Madison Ave. N
Why: Here’s your chance to learn to download library eBooks, audiobooks, and music to your computer or portable device, for free.
Class size is limited so pre-register at the Bainbridge Public Library information desk or call the library at 842-4162.
- Your admission ($10 adult, $7 child) benefits Bainbridge Cooperative Nursery School.
- Stewart is a national award-winning children’s entertainer.
10. Little Buds StoryWalk™
When: Sunday, 1-4 p.m.
Where: IslandWood, 4450 Blakely Avenue NE.
- IslandWood and the Bainbridge Island Library (KRL) are hosting this event to celebrate literacy and the outdoors.
- For just $5 you get to stroll through the IslandWood forest following the pages of a children’s story laid out before you on the path.
- It’s National Poetry Month. Do something poetic.
- Read a poem of your own or just listen.