Archive | Weather

rain

Weather: Very Rainy and Breezy Today and Tonight

Heavy rain will fall Sunday and Sunday night, with breezy conditions, giving way to a dry cloudy day Monday and possible showers again Monday night. Here is the National Weather Service forecast for Bainbridge Island: Sunday 100 percent rain all day, with a high near 51 degrees F. North wind around 16 mph. Precipitation amounts…

Read the full story

Posted in News, Weather0 Comments

bare tree and blue sky

Weather: Cold Tonight and a Long Calm Dry Stretch

Don’t plan on singin’ in the rain any time soon. The pleasantly dry and calm weather is expected to continue stretching into next week. Expect chilly night-time temperatures dipping into the mid-30s tonight and low 40s through the weekend. Here is the National Weather Service forecast for Bainbridge Island: Wednesday Sunny and calm, with a high…

Read the full story

Posted in Popular 3, Weather0 Comments

Landslide by Global Panorama

Landslide Threat for Kitsap County Now “Extreme,” NWS Issues Warning

In a special weather statement issued this morning, February 6, at 3:26 a.m., the National Weather Service cautioned that the heavy rainfall has increased the likelihood of landslides throughout Western Washington. The latest update of the Department of Natural Resources Shallow Landslide Hazard Map, also this morning, shows Kitsap County at the Extreme Landslide Hazard Level,…

Read the full story

Posted in News, Weather0 Comments

rainy bainbridge street

Weather: Heavy Prolonged Rain and Flood Warning

The National Weather Service has issued a Hydrologic Outlook, which is basically a flood warning, for our area starting today through the weekend. A series of waves of heavy rain is predicted to cause flooding, but breaks in rainfall may mitigate major flooding events. Wednesday Rain likely, mainly before 4 p.m. Cloudy, with a high…

Read the full story

Posted in New 3, News, Weather0 Comments

gig harbor tornado path graphic

Tornado Hits Gig Harbor

The National Weather Service (NWS) has confirmed reports of a tornado hitting the Gig Harbor area on Sunday, January 18. According to NWS Seattle office meteorologist Josh Smith, the tornado touched the ground at approximately 2:18 p.m. for 10-15 minutes. Its path began 4 miles west-southwest of Gig Harbor and traveled 4.1 miles east. Its…

Read the full story

Posted in Don't Miss This 1, News, Weather0 Comments

12th Man flag by Andy Karmy

Small Power Outages All Over the Island

As of 9 a.m. this morning, January 18, Puget Sound Energy was reporting outages across their service area caused by “damaging winds.” At 8:30 a.m. there were still 234 outages affecting 29,000 customers. Kitsap County has been the hardest hit. On Bainbridge, many of the current 42 outages are small, affecting a single customer here…

Read the full story

Posted in New 1, News, Weather1 Comment

Seahwaks flags by Joe Goldberg

Uh Oh: Just Before Seahawks Game, NWS Predicts High Winds

The news is not good for those of us who depend upon electricity to watch football games. The National Weather Service has just issued a wind advisory, and they’re not talking about Green Bay Packers fans’ mouthing off about the game. The advisory applies to just about everywhere in the Puget Sound lowlands, including Bremerton and…

Read the full story

Posted in News, Slider, Weather0 Comments

Heavy rain

Weather: Heavy Rain This Weekend

Rain is expected to return in full force by Saturday night, continuing into the early part of next week, with possible flash-flooding. Here is the National Weather Service forecast for Bainbridge Island: Friday A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly before 4 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40 degrees F. South wind around 9…

Read the full story

Posted in News, Slider, Weather0 Comments

cold

Baby, It’s (Going to Be) Cold Outside

The National Weather Service is predicting some much colder temperatures ahead and even a chance of snow. Tomorrow, Sunday, December 28, the high is predicted to be 48 degrees with a slight chance of rain. But by Sunday evening, temperatures will drop into the low 30s, and we might see a mix of rain and…

Read the full story

Posted in Don't Miss This 1, News, Weather1 Comment

rainy bainbridge street

Weather: Heavy Rain and Strong Winds This Weekend

The National Weather Service (NWS) is warning of another Pacific storm system affecting our area this weekend. NWS is reporting that heavy rainfall and strong winds Saturday and Sunday could lead to flash flooding, mudslides, and debris flows. Prepare for possible power outages. Saturday Rain. High near 50 degrees F. South wind 9 to 15 mph….

Read the full story

Posted in News, Slider, Weather0 Comments

Light bulb by Achi Raz

Storm Aftermath

Puget Sound Energy crews, in anticipation of last night’s (December 11) wind storm, positioned themselves at the ready in the areas most likely to be affected. The strategy seems to have paid off. This morning all Kitsap substations are back on line and there were only 21 “outage events” remaining as of 4:30 this morning….

Read the full story

Posted in New 1, News, Slider, Weather1 Comment

candle by firemedic58

Storm Damage Updates

[Updated at 9:39 and 10:15 p.m., December 11] Puget Sound Energy (PSE) is reporting multiple power failures across Bainbridge Island. Crews are being dispatched. No restoration time estimates have been provided. As the wind whips up, the Bainbridge Island Fire Department (BIFD) and Police Department are beginning to respond to reports of downed trees and…

Read the full story

Posted in Emergencies, News, Slider, Weather, Weather0 Comments

ferries in storm

Hazardous Weather Warning: High Winds and Landslide Risk

The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a hazardous weather statement for today and tonight for the Seattle area. High winds of 30-40 mph are expected to begin at about 4 p.m., with gusts of up to 60-65 mph developing later this evening. The worst wind is predicted to ease after midnight and taper off…

Read the full story

Posted in Emergencies, News, Slider, Weather0 Comments

Rain

Weather: Great Walls of Rain

Clear those gutters, because ma(h)ssive rain is moving in. Here is the National Weather Service forecast for Bainbridge Island: Monday A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 54 degrees F. South wind around 9 mph. Monday Night A 90 percent likelihood of rain, with a low around 49 degrees F. South wind…

Read the full story

Posted in News, Slider, Weather0 Comments

snow on Winslow rooftops

Weather: Snow!

[Updated 1:47 p.m. November 27, 2014.] According to the National Weather Service, conditions look right for snow on Friday night and Saturday. Continuing cold temperatures may mean it sticks around for a few days. Here is the forecast for Bainbridge Island: Friday A 100 percent forecast of rain, with a high of 44 degrees F. East…

Read the full story

Posted in News, Slider, Weather0 Comments

rain

Weather: A Rainy and Windy Thanksgiving, Followed by a Cold Weekend

We all know what can happen what with the wind and rain on Thanksgiving around here, but now that I’ve mentioned it, it won’t happen, right? Expect rainy and breezy weather through Friday, with clearing and cold temperatures moving in Friday night. Here is the National Weather Service forecast for Bainbridge Island: Wednesday Rain likely,…

Read the full story

Posted in News, Weather0 Comments

heavy rain

Weather: The Rain Cometh

Rain is returning as per usual and is expected through the weekend and beyond. Here is the National Weather Service forecast for Bainbridge Island: Wednesday A 30 percent chance of rain after 4 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53 degrees F. Calm wind. Wednesday Night A 70 percent likelihood of rain, mainly after 10 p.m….

Read the full story

Posted in Don't Miss This 4, News, Weather0 Comments

west-shore-big-leaf-frosted by Paul Brians

Weather: Clear and Cold, with Slight Warming Trend

The crisp clear weather is expected to continue into the middle of the week, with daily highs in the 40s and night-time temperatures hovering in the 30s. Rain may return by Wednesday night. Here is the National Weather Service Forecast for Bainbridge Island: Sunday Sunny, with a high near 47 degrees F. North wind around…

Read the full story

Posted in News, Weather0 Comments

snowy bainbridge by Pete Saloutos

Weather: Cold Temperatures Continue, with a Chance of Snow

An arctic air mass on the heels of the cold front that moved in earlier this week will bring continued cold temperatures well below normal through the weekend and a chance of snow Thursday. Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 42 degrees F. East wind 6 to 10 mph. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a…

Read the full story

Posted in New 3, News, Weather0 Comments

frozen pond reflection by paul brians

Weather: Cold Front on the Way with Possible Freezing Temps

A cold airmass out of Canada is bringing the chilliest weather of the season this week to most of the country. Temperatures in our area will plunge into the 30s starting tomorrow night, with day-time highs in the mid 40s. Freezing temperatures are expected Tuesday night, so gardeners take care of your plants. Here is…

Read the full story

Posted in New 2, News, Weather0 Comments


Alvin Molloy Jen Pells
Advertise with Inside Bainbridge The Island School Bainbridge Island Washington Now Enrolling
Beach House at Pleasant Beach
“Ovation! “BI
“West
“Virginia
“WalkMS"