by Melissa Byrd of PAWS of Bainbridge Island and North Kitsap
Juno came to us mostly bald with a terrible upper respiratory infection, very skinny, and sweet as could be. It was hard to tell how old she was since she was in such bad shape. Someone had found her wet in their yard and took her in due to how pathetic she looked. The person said she was very friendly from the instant she came indoors.
We brought her to the Cattery and put her in ISO due to her cold. She found a cushy bed on top of a cat tree and settled in. She liked to be up high so she could keep an eye on things. As she started to feel better, she ventured to different perches, sunning herself near the window.
We gave her an anti-itch injection in case that was the cause of her baldness. And we treated her for fleas and put her on hypoallergenic food. The combination of all of these things started her hair growing back. She was a bit of a patchwork cat at first but, her temperament was always great.
Now Juno is looking rather beautiful with her coat grown in and shiny. She has a good appetite and attitude. She loves to be petted and brushed and likes to play with feathery wand toys. Now that she is healthy, we are guesstimating her age at around 7 years. She is still on the hypoallergenic food. She is okay with other cats but would probably prefer a home where she can be the diva.
Sweet and petite Juno is waiting to meet you at our Pleasant Beach location on Bainbridge. If you’d like to set up an appointment to meet her please email me, Melissa, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Animal Tales: Toby the Hugger and Kisser ‘Canine’ Cat
- Animal Tales: Baby Gets Scapegoated When Parents Fail to Socialize Their Kids
- Animal Tales: A Long and Winding Road for a Little Girl from North Dakota
- Animal Tales: Miracle Mom Kicked in the Face Adopts Orphan Kittens After Jaw Surgery
- Animal Tales: For the Love of Wild-Whiskered Brynne
- Local Dog Suffers Permanent Brain Damage From Being Left in Hot Car
Photos courtesy of Melissa Byrd.