Now visitors and Islanders alike who want to leave the car at home have an easy and cheap way to see the sites around The Rock. The new Frog Hopper Bus service runs Saturdays and Sundays through September 29, 2013, with pickups and dropoffs at the Bainbridge ferry terminal every 50 minutes from 11:25 a.m. to 5:50 p.m.
North Loop and South Loop routes feature different Island hot spots. Tickets cover both loops.
North Loop Highlights
- Downtown Winslow Way
- City Hall, Madison Avenue
- High School Road, hotels & Island Village Shopping Center
- The Bloedel Reserve, public garden
- Frog Rock, beloved Island landmark
- Fay Bainbridge Park
- Rolling Bay, commercial center
South Loop Highlights
- Sportsman Business Park/(aka Coppertop Loop), commercial center including distillery, brewery, winery, cafe
- Bainbridge Gardens, nursery & garden center
- The Grand Forest
- Battle Point Park, duck pond, playground, walking trail, and more
- Island Center, commercial center
- Lynwood Center/Pleasant Beach Village, commercial center
- Fort Ward Park
- Japanese American Exclusion Memorial (national monument)
- Downtown Winslow Marina District
- Downtown Winslow Way
Busses return to the ferry through Winslow, so riders can check out downtown’s shops, restaurants, galleries, and museums. For tips on what to see downtown, check out Ferry on Foot to Bainbridge: 37 Things to Do Downtown. To find out what locals voted as their Island favorites, check out the 2013 Best of the Island list. Learn more about our great parks at Bainbridge Island Parks & Trails List (follow the links for details about each park).
North Loop Ferry Pickup/Drop off
South Loop Ferry Pickup/Drop off
Purchase tickets at the Bainbridge Island ferry kiosk or online and pick them up at the kiosk Will Call. Online purchasers must buy their tickets for Saturday or Sunday by 4 p.m. Friday.
Passes are good for either or both loop routes.
- Standard Day Pass $7
- Discount Day Pass (seniors & children) $5
- Family Day Pass (3-5 people) $20
Provided by Agate Pass Transportation, the buses are ADA compliant and have bike racks.
For more information about the Frog Hopper Bus, contact the Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce:
395 Winslow Way East
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- Ferry on Foot to Bainbridge: 37 Things to Do Downtown
- Exploring Bainbridge Beyond Downtown: 36 Hot Spots
- 2013 Best of the Island
- Bainbridge Island Parks & Trails List
- The Bloedel Reserve Turns 25 with Big Plans Ahead